Last updated March 8th, 2020
- Visit our websites (collectively, the “Site”);
- Visit our offices;
- Receive communications from us, including invitations, resources, materials, emails, phone calls, texts or fax; and
- Submit requests, inquiries or other communications (both solicited and unsolicited) to us regarding our services and offerings, including our software services that enable our clients (“Clients”) to detect and block malicious software code in order to protect their Internet Visitors (“Service(s)”).
“Affiliate” means Clean.io’s owners, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers and directors.
“Non-Personal Data” means information that does not identify you as an individual or does not relate to an identifiable person.
“Personal Data” means information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
“User Data” means collectively Personal Data and Non-Personal Data.
“Visitor” or “you” or “your” (and similar terms) means any person or entity that visits, views, uses or accesses any portion of the Site or otherwise Interacts with us. “Visitor” and related terms shall include employees or agents of an entity to the extent such individuals share their personal information with Clean.io as set forth herein.
- 4. Types of Information Collected
We collect two types of information about Visitors when they Interact with us: Personal Data and Non-Personal Data. Clean.io’s primary goals in collecting information from Visitors is to: (i) provide Visitor with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the Site and otherwise Interacting with us, (ii) collect information related to the Site and our Services, and (iii) engage in advertising and marketing activities, and to provide You with special offers and other information about the Services as well as our other products, events and services.
4.1 Personal Data. Personal Data includes information that lets Clean.io know the specifics of who Visitors are. When a Visitor engages in certain activities on the Site, such as contacting Clean.io via the provided forms or sending Clean.io an email, Clean.io may ask Visitor to provide certain information about Visitor by filling out and submitting an online form. If Visitor elects to engage in these activities, however, Clean.io may ask that Visitor to provide Personal Data, such as first and last name, organization name, professional title, physical address, email address and telephone number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information Clean.io asks Visitor to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If Visitor does not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular activity (for example, providing contact information in connection with a request to receive more information regarding our Services), Visitor will not be able to engage in that activity. Likewise, if Visitor independently elects to contact us via email, telephone, social media networks or otherwise, Clean.io will by virtue of those communications and contacts also receive Personal Data related to the Visitor (e.g., name, telephone number, email address, social media identifiers, etc.). If Clean.io does not collect this information, Clean.io will not be able to respond to Visitor service and information requests.
4.2 Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data includes information that does not by itself identify a specific Visitor. Clean.io gathers certain Non-Personal Data about Visitors based upon their Interactions with us, including, but not limited to general Site traffic data and other Site information that is not connected with your Personal Data. This information can be compiled and analyzed on both a per-Visitor and an aggregated basis. We may also collect other Non-Personal Data. In certain cases we may combine Non-Personal Data with Personal Data in which case all resulting or connected data will be considered Personal Data.
4.3 Anonymized & Aggregated Information. Personal Data does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so the information cannot be traced to a specific individual.
4.4 Information from Third Party Sites. We may collect, store and use certain User Data from third party sites and services that are accessible via or integrated with the Site or are contemplated by or complimentary to the Interactions (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit or Twitter accounts), including information that may be transmitted by such third party sites in connection with use of the Services. We may also receive access, store and/or use User Data that is collected by third party service providers and our other vendors related to the Site and other Interactions (e.g. Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Quantcast CPM, Drift or Hubspot).
- Collection of User Data
5.1 Voluntary Disclosure of User Data. Clean.io may collect Personal Data about a Visitor when a Visitor voluntarily provides it to Clean.io or it is provided in connection with an integrated third-party site or account (for instance, lead forms integrated with Facebook and Google). For example, a Visitor provides certain Personal Data to Clean.io when a Visitor (i) submits web forms or provides/imports information or materials through the Site or other Interactions (for example, requesting information about our Services or subscribing to marketing communications); (ii) transmits other information by telephone or email, including Clean.io’s “contact us” web form; or (iii) provides it via other methods Clean.io may request or allow from time to time. Clean.io may also collect information from a Visitor at locations on the Site that state that such information is being collected.
5.3 Other Potential Methods for Collecting User Data. Clean.io, and/or its Affiliates or its service and technology providers may use various other methods to collect User Data. These methods may include, but are not limited to (i) cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters placed on Visitor’s computer or mobile device that identifies Visitor’s web browser; (ii) analytics and Visitor tracking technologies that may allow us to monitor what actions Visitors take on the Site or when otherwise Interacting with us; (iii) log files – information, which is automatically reported by Visitor’s web browser each time Visitor views a web page, possibly including, but not limited to, Visitor’s IP address, browser type and language, number of clicks, domain names of websites visited, pages viewed, and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time; (iv) clear gifs – web beacons, which are pieces of data used to track the online usage patterns of Visitors anonymously, and which may also be used in HTML-based emails sent to Visitors to track which emails are opened by recipients; (v) widgets integrated with the Site (for instance, a Drift widget which enables a chat function through which we communicate with Visitors and also collect information); (vi) third party service-based technologies and information, including, but not limited to, linked services (such as Google Accounts or LinkedIn Mail) that Visitor authorizes to share information about Visitor with Clean.io; (vii) other social media or third party sites – for instance, we may collect information and materials disclosed by you on third party message boards, chat features, blogs, public databases and websites, social media platforms and other services or platforms; (viii) other available technologies that may be integrated into the Site or otherwise employed by us in relation to the Interactions; (ix) requests for data or information collected through the Site or in connection with our Interactions; and (x) other general marketing activities that provide a User the opportunity to share User Data with us (e.g. a webinar with a sign up feature, etc.).
- Use of User Data
6.1 User Data. Clean.io will use User Data, including Personal Data to:
- Provide the Site and facilitate the Interactions;
- Deliver information to Visitors and to contact Visitors regarding administrative notices;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Evaluate and improve the Site, our Services, and our other products and services and to develop new products, services, features and benefits;
- Personalize your Interactions with us;
- Provide technical, product and other support for the Site and our Services;
- Better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
- Engage in advertising and marketing efforts and provide You with special offers and other information about the Services as well as other products, events and services of ours, our Affiliates, and non-affiliated third parties (e.g. permitting our marketing partners such as Google or Facebook to perform advertising activities on our site for remarketing, audience building, etc. purposes).
- Identify usage trends and for data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit and reporting; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6.2 Aggregated or Anonymous Data. Clean.io may use aggregated and anonymous data for our business and commercial purposes and for any purpose consistent with applicable law as described below.
6.3 Bankruptcy or Business Sale. If Clean.io should ever file for bankruptcy or have Clean.io’s assets sold to or merge with another entity (or otherwise engage in any business combination or similar transaction such as a merger, acquisition, change in control, asset sale, etc.), information Clean.io receives from Visitor through the Interactions is Clean.io’s asset and may be transferred without any restriction.
- Sharing of User Data
Clean.io may share and disclose User Data, including Personal Data, with third parties, including as follows:
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide certain portions of the Site and to facilitate our Interactions and we may provide User Data to them in order to allow them to perform their activities (e.g. vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, hosting, data analysis and insight, technical support and customer service). Without limiting the foregoing, please note that we use third-party pixels for services like Google Analytics, Facebook, and certain remarketing providers. We seek to limit the rights of these parties where reasonable. You may opt out of interest-based advertising from these platforms and others by visiting [NAI OPT OUT LINK]. We also store Personal Data inside third-party platforms like Salesforce.com, Google Enterprise, and HubSpot; however, we do not grant any rights to these organizations to use this information for any marketing or other purpose beyond providing services to us to manage our sales and marketing activities, unless such third parties default terms require this. See our Subprocessor List for more information regarding our specific third party service providers.
- Affiliates. We may share your User Data with our Affiliates who will use such information in accordance with this Privacy Policies.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger, sale or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including Personal Data, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Updating and Correcting Information
If you would like to correct or update the Personal Data you provided to us in relation to our Interactions with you, please contact [email protected]. We will use responsible efforts to respond to your inquiry as soon as practicable. When updating your Personal Data, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your requests.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom during data collection, or that are California residents should refer to the relevant sections below for more information about their access, correction and other rights in relation to their Personal Data.
- Visitor Choices on Collection and Use of Information
9.3 Opt-Out. At any time, you may opt out of allowing us to use your Personal Data by contacting us at the information set forth below in Section 15. We will process your request within a reasonable time. However, please note that in certain instances, we may have already used or shared your Personal Data consistent with this Policy prior to your opt out. In addition, you may not be able to Interact in certain ways with us if you opt-out.
9.4 Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that Visitors can set in their web browsers. When a Visitor turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the Visitor. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Clean.io does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Clean.io may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to the Site. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
Please note that we never sell any personal information related to our Services and in connection with our Customer relationships.
- Security of Information
The importance of security for all User Data associated with Clean.io’s Visitors is important to Clean.io. Clean.io values the privacy and security of Personal Data and uses industry standard efforts to protect User Data so that it is secure. However, Visitor acknowledges that no data transmission or hosting over the Internet or any wired or wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and neither can the storage of such data or information. As a result, while Clean.io strives to protect User Data, Visitor acknowledges that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond Clean.io’s control; (ii) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between Visitor and Clean.io through the Interactions and data and information that is stored by Clean.io cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit or in rest by a third party. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Clean.io expressly excludes any liability arising from any unauthorized access to personal or sensitive information. AS A RESULT, WITH REGARD TO THE SECURITY AND INTEGRITY USER DATA, VISITOR INTERACTS WITH CLEAN.IO AT VISITOR’S OWN RISK.
- Retention of Personal Data
We may retain and use your User Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or resolve disputes. Consistent with these requirements, we will delete your Personal Data within the time limits imposed by applicable law, if any. When we have no justifiable business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data in accordance with industry standards and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. While retention requirements can vary by country, we generally apply the following retention periods: (i) We store Personal Data used for marketing purposes indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request; and (ii) We retain any information collected via cookies, clear gifs, flash cookies, webpage counters and other technical or analytics tools up to five years from expiry of the cookie or the date of collection.
- Additional Rights for Individuals in California
- Additional Rights for Individuals in the EU, EEA, Switzerland UK
- Miscellaneous Issues
15.1 Age Policies. Our Site and Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. Any individuals under the age of 18 must have consent to Interact with us or use the Services from their parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to promptly delete such information from our files.